Internet Marketing is growing by the day. In such a situation, it’s not enough for a small business to have only a website. It’s important for this amazing site to be visible to the users and appear in search results when users seek out related keywords. With so many companies and websites selling the same products or services as your business, how do you make sure that you receive noticed and get more business?
This really is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) makes picture. Many companies are incorporating SEO into their marketing strategies. This raises yet another question. Is In-House SEO better or in case you Outsource the SEO of one’s website to an agency? What are the pros and cons of having the SEO of one’s website done In-House as compared to outsourcing your SEO needs? Both In-House SEO and Outsourcing SEO have its pros and cons. Each company needs to check into both these models and then decide based on the needs.
Pros of In-House SEO
1. An In-House SEO expert will know your business well and hence will understand the nuances of company and its challenges as well.
2. Doing your SEO In-House gives you complete control over the strategies and their execution. The SEO expert may be contacted immediately for any changes since he sits in the same office as another members of the company.
3. The In-House SEO expert works only on your website and not on any websites. Which means that the expert can provide full attention to your website and can focus on improving the rankings of one’s website.
4. Sometimes In-House SEO is lesser expensive that Outsourced SEO agencies.
In-House SEO Cons
1. SEO is really a rapidly changing field. The algorithms of search engines keep changing. One needs to often be updated with the changes. The skills in SEO also keep changing. If you decide to do the SEO of your website In-House, you then need to pay time and sometimes money to learn the newest aspects of SEO and keep yourself updated with the changes.
2. It may be time consuming if you have to maintain to the trends of the business. And it is important to help keep with the trends of the business if you select to do your SEO In-House. You will also need to focus on the entire marketing of one’s website and may not get the time to update yourself with the most recent in SEO. This can lead to outdated SEO practices which could further affect your sites ranking.
3. SEO requires several tools. If you select to do your SEO In-House, you then need to purchase these tools. This can be very expensive. Just having these tools is not enough. In addition you need to learn how to utilize them which could further occupy lots of your time.
Outsourced SEO Pros
1. The greatest advantageous asset of outsourcing your SEO needs to an agency is that you get the expertise of a complete team of SEO experts who works on your website. Since, it’s a team that only works on SEO projects, they’ll be up to date with the most recent trends running a business and hence you don’t have to pay time or money in getting yourself familiar with these trends. The team can create SEO strategies for your business keeping these trends in mind.
2. SEO agencies utilize a large number of clients. The main advantage of that is they’ve the experience of working on different varieties of businesses and understand their needs better. This wide perspective can be quite a big advantage in getting visibility on the web.
3. If you outsource SEO to an agency, you don’t have to pay time, effort and money on hiring an In-House SEO team, training and tools.
4. The outsourced SEO agency will not be suffering from the pressures of other aspects of marketing your business and can concentrate only on the SEO of one’s website.